Inspiration for all things pretty ♥

Friday, July 26, 2013

YouTube Tutorial: Braided Statement Necklace

Statement necklaces complete any outfit perfectly in my opinion. I cannot get enough of them! I have a million shirts I don't wear anymore since my extreme closet reorganization so I thought to myself... why not just make a statement necklace out of them?! I surely do not want to spend $20+ for a necklace when I have all the materials to make one myself.

This is a simple braided statement necklace made out of a 100% lavender rayon tee I bought from Old Navy about a year ago for $1 found on a clearance rack. Who would have thunk it? :)

My YouTube video is complete! Check it outtt and be sure to subscribe to my channel! Please and thank you. :)


 


Thee lovely finished necklace and it only took me about half an hour to put this baby together. I made a ribbon tie so I can adjust the length of the necklace however I please.




The lavender color went beautifully with my peach chiffon sleeveless top-- the perfect touch of color and contrast.




I am no doubt an accessories fanatic. What about you? Again, go take a look at my YouTube channel for the tutorial!  :)


32 wonderful thoughts:

  1. Yet another great idea/tutorial!
    I love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw, looks pretty!

    Xoxo
    Www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute! ^_^
    ♥Stacey Nguyen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool DIY. I love the color of the necklace :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute necklace!!!
    kisses

    http://lestyledelapetiteblonde.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too cool! I love this necklace...it turned out amazing! After looking at it I was thinking you could even wear it as a chic headband/headpiece!

    Love your posts!

    xx
    ileana
    www.ileanamarcel.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable necklace! The purple is such a cute color for it too!

    ~Jacy
    www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll surely visit your youtube.. The DIY necklace looks amazing...
    Maybe we can follow each other..!!
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello darling , You have an amazing blog!!! great photos, I like so much! how do you feel about following each other on gfc and bloglovin???
    http://idareyoutobefashion.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  10. in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!

    http://creetavie.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, amazing!
    love it, you are so inspired!
    kisses x
    http://fashiongirlfromtown.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's really pretty!

    Want to follow each other?

    xx
    Sophisticated Lace

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a gorgeous necklace - so well made too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. very very good! love it!
    ciao
    Nicky
    www.mywishstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. A necklace made out of shirts? What a brilliant idea, and the finished product is gorgeous!
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That's amazing! Love your creativity x

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award btw :)

    http://yourteendiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your blog <3 hope you can follow and check out my new blog post on http://herderigueur.blogspot.com/2013/07/beanies-and-parkas.html thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wish you a good day!
    Ciao
    Nicky

    www.mywishstyle.com newpost!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all the photos! Such a great post :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  21. visiting here with a smile~ =)

    Regards, www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is too cute! I envy your craftiness.

    Louise | Vanity Corner

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah I love it!! And I love that your money conscious! These are going to make great gifts for my girlfriends. You are so creative!!

    Shelby
    Dessertfirst-always.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Is a great idea. love necklace and you are so beautiful

    XXX from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is amazing! Can't wait to make some for ourselves! Thanks for posting! :)

    P.S Were new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty! I have a slight obsession with accessories as well - they finish off any outfit! I'll have to try and make this necklace!

    Kendra
    stnkrbug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your blog! Very inspirational! Please check out my blog,

    www.loveambam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, darlingggs! :)

Powered by Blogger.

© Classy Peach, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena