Inspiration for all things pretty ♥

Sunday, July 21, 2013

YouTube Tutorial: How To Make A Maxi Skirt

Maxis are all the rage this summer. I adore this popular trend ever so much and recently had a request for a video tutorial on how to make a maxi skirt because of my previous maxi creation a few weeks ago, so here it tisssss finallyyy!


I wore a turquoise and white pattern chiffon top with this light pink maxi skirt. The color combination is superb, if I do say so myself. ;)


I found this silk polyester fabric at Walmart for $1.50 a yard, so I bought 4 yards of it but only used a yard for the maxi skirt. I have many plans for the rest of this gorgeous fabric.

The front and back of the maxi skirt. The elastic waist gave the skirt some natural, simple pleats.



A chic summer look that cannot go wrong-- it is perfectly comfortable and pretty for a daytime get together or a night out.







Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel to keep up to date with my weekly videos! It shall be much appreciated, loves!


28 wonderful thoughts:

  1. This is brilliant - and I agree, the colours are just beautiful! ^.^

    flawedfairytale fashion blog ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video. Thanks for sharing this great idea.

    Hope you had a great weekend.
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Maxi skirts at retail stores sometimes intimidate me because they're typically cut for model tall/model thin women. I think learning to sew your own maxi skirt is a great idea since it ensures that the skirt is just the right length and fit. Thanks for vid :)

    --Mari
    bluchiffon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post
    www.myownnailart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I like this combination ^-^ Would you like to follow each other on gfc? I shall follow you right now ^-^

    apieceofmi.blogspot.com

    - kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your maxi turned out so beautifully! I have no sewing skills whatsoever, but it's great that you shared a tutorial for people who do :)
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your skirt, so pretty!

    www.lessismoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're awesome ! Making your own Maxi dress ! I want to have a maxi dress too but it won't suit me :/

    Rachael
    Http://wayycher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that look's really nice :) And you look so Gorgeous!
    I followed you Pretty! :D
    Hope you can follow me back aswell and oh' i sub on your youtube channel too! hopefully you can sub back here and on my youtube channel aswell. Thank you~
    and have a nice day❤

    ~Michelle

    http://www.lapetitemichelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you are so talented! This is such a pretty maxi, love the contrast of teal and pastel peach, so adorable!

    Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing DIY ! Good job, this skirt is so pretty ♥

    Would you like to follow each other ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is amazing!! you're so creative! :)
    drop by my blog too?

    xoxo,
    rae
    http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ackk! Can I tell you HOW much I love your outfit? I think it's absolutely gorgeous! *___* Thank you so much for the tutorial, I'll definitely be using this to create my own! C:

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC/Bloglovin? Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! you made that skirt? i thought you bought it!!
    follow?
    http://stormia-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love maxis for summer and winter so my legs dont get cold :) xx opinionslave.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I love this maxi skirt :)

    dreamerlaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a pretty outfit, great combination!
    clignledew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely outfit, such pretty summer colours..I like :)

    www.thisismyworldthisisme.blogspot.com

    Becka x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this is awesome! The color pops beautifully. Where is the top from?

    Shelby

    Dessertfirst-always.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely skirt! I love you've tamed it with that top, beautiful!

    Cholfable

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing tutorial! I would love to give this a try if I had a sewing machine haha

    Louise | Vanity Corner

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for your lovely comment! :) This skirt looks amazing on you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

    xoxo, charlene
    lipstickandsweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing DIY! I need to try this, uhhh your blog is wonderful, i've only just seen it and I want to try out so many of your DIY's!

    x

    www.everythingandamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, darlingggs! :)

Powered by Blogger.

© Classy Peach, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena