Inspiration for all things pretty ♥

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mustard High Waisted Flared Shorts

High waisted shorts are without a doubt the latest trend for spring. I absolutely love how flirty and elegant it is.



I simply took a pair of shorts that fit me the way I like it and traced out patterns for them. I only traced out one pattern and used it for the front and back pieces. After tracing onto the fabric and cutting them out in total you should have four pieces, two for the front and two for the back.

Be sure to give yourself about 2 to 3 inches so you have fabric to sew the pieces together.


I pleated the shorts to give some dimension, added a band for the top, and a side zipper. I love the flared look because the shorts almost looks like a skirt but not as revealing and has more functionality. Sweet! :)




I wore these shorts with a fuchsia chiffon top and ivory heels.








The perfect outfit for a nice spring day. :)

10 wonderful thoughts:

  1. Super cute! I love how the tips of your hair blends in <3

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit. The colour combination works so well :)

    http://andreadxo.blogspot.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous!! I love the colors :D
    http://inyasuniverse.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These short are really cute!

    Valeria.
    http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment, girl!
    These shorts are fab and I love the intense color combination! :D

    Xx, Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love high waisted shorts! These are so pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me encanta la combinaciĆ³n de colores, los shorts son preciosos!!!

    http://stylearua.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hun :)

    I just found your blog and love it :)I'm a new follower! - I would really love for you to check out my blog if you get a chance

    India xox The Jewel Beauty Blog |Beauty,Lifestyle & Fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so pretty! I LOVE your outfit!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, darlingggs! :)

Powered by Blogger.

© Classy Peach, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena