Inspiration for all things pretty ♥

Monday, May 6, 2013

Darling Alteration: Simple Taupe Dress

It's been awhile and I finallyyy have got into the groove of things. My mind has been somewhere else for awhile and now I'm truly back! Haha.

With this alteration I kept the dress pretty simple because I love the color and texture of the material. It speaks for itself without having too much going on.


 I thrifted this dress for about $3.50 in a size 10. The dress did not have much shape to it at all.


I cut the dress length in half and hemmed the bottom. I altered the waist to fit my figure and added two creases to add more shape to the dress. With the extra fabric I made a detachable bow belt for when I want to wear the dress with or without it. :)



 I wore my white pumps, rosegold watch, and pearl earrings with this simple and classy dress. I sure love the simplicity.







Now, I just need an occasion to wear this lovely dress out! :)

6 wonderful thoughts:

  1. Stai benissimo, ottimo lavoro!!!

    Buon maertedì, a presto
    Silvia

    www.pattysfamilystyle.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! This dress is lovely.
    Kiss.

    Valeria.
    http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolute perfection, as always! Love seeing the before & bringing your vision to life. I don't know how you do it! Sewing magic!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your reconstructed dresses are amazing! Have you ever done youtube tutorials?

    -Kim
    www.KimKardashnguyen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is so stunning on you. Such a fresh and lovely blog :)

    xoxo Gozika
    http://gozikasjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, darlingggs! :)

Powered by Blogger.

© Classy Peach, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena